Programs at IFMR
PGDMThe PGDM program at IFMR is a rigorous course that offers a unique blend of practical and theoretical knowledge. Knowledge dissemination is through case methods of study, activities and guest lectures and the use of technology for problem solving. The specializations offered in the second year are: Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, IT & Operations, Financial Engineering, Development Finance and Strategy. The curriculum we offer is unmatched in depth and breadth. It gives you a holistic view on general management practices so essential to success across fields and functions. You then have the freedom to pursue a specialization of your calling.
PGDM- WETo cater to the requirements of continuous learning for working executives, IFMR offers a three-year part time Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management (PGDM) program. The program is intended to impart functional and management skills to working executives for successful careers in management. Prospective students should have at least two years of work experience. The industry-oriented curriculum’s objective is to groom working executives to take on higher responsibilities and to advance their careers.
PhDIFMR’s PhD program, affiliated to the University of Madras, is designed to develop faculty/researchers in the fields of finance and economics. The PhD program at IFMR provides an opportunity to work with, and learn from, a well-known faculty in a stimulating intellectual environment. The emphasis of the program is research, and the goal is to produce high-quality scholars and to prepare them for successful academic careers.
Executive ProgramsBased on research conducted at IFMR research centers, the training is focused on emerging needs for skill sets in finance and related areas in banking and other industries. IFMR’s executive training programs combine state-of-the-art knowledge and skills in financial management with practical experience and insight into the functioning of the financial sector through an intense and pragmatic curriculum. Participants are exposed to the latest developments and business impacts to cover the entire value chain.
- Guest Lecture on 11th September 5:30 pm by Mr. Mohan Babu , AVP and Global Head Insurance Practice at Infosys Limited, on the topic "Pressures, Priorities and Opportunities of Indian Insurance Industry".
- Prof. Rajeswari Sengupta of IFMR now features in the Top 25% Economists in India, according to data compiled by IDEAS-the largest bibliographic database dedicated to Economics and Finance research and hosted by The Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis in the USA.
- PhD Student Dilip Kumar presented paper titled "“Return and volatility spillover among the PIIGS economies and India” in Conference on “Empirical Issues in International Trade and Finance” organized by Indian Institute of Foreign Trade on 10-11 January, 2013 in Kolkata and received the best Ph.D. paper award for the same..
- PhD Student Surenderrao Komera received best advanced paper award at IIM-A Doctoral Colloquium - 2013 (8-9th January 2013) for his paper "Heterogeneity in speed of leverage adjustment: Evidence from Indian firms'. The abstract is available at: Abstract
- Prof. Rajeswari Sengupta has been invited to contribute to the new Ideas for India blog started by Prof. Abhijit Banerjee of
MIT and Mr. Jairam Ramesh, an Indian cabinet minister.
Her article got recently published: http://www.ideasforindia.in/article.aspx?article_id=86.